The OnePlus 7T is about to launch across the world, and fans of the platform are extremely excited. Though the 7T isn’t a full generational upgrade, it nevertheless has a lot of advantages over the previous models. Even better, the OnePlus 7T comes at a great price point.
What’s New in the OnePlus 7T?
Let’s discuss some of the benefits of the new OnePlus. It isn’t a dramatic difference, given that the entire platform isn’t being revised. But the differences that are there are considerable, and owners of previous OnePlus models should see a marked improvement.
Here are some of the most important upgrades:
- Once a “Plus” feature, the 7T now has a 90 Hz “Fluid Amoled” panel with a 20:9 aspect ratio and 6.55 inch display size. The aspect ratio enhances the phone’s picture size while still making the phone comfortable to hold.
- The water drop notch on the OnePlus has been made a little smaller by 31%. That further increases the usable amount of screen on the phone.
- An upgrade to the Snapdragon 855 Plus chipset, which is going to go up to 2.96 Ghz. The phone will be even faster, which is great for power users.
- An upgraded GPU, which is expected to have about 15% better performance. This is likely to be even more noticeable than the processor upgrade.
- A better, upgraded battery to 3800mAh. This battery will support the new components and provide greater battery life.
- Faster charging. The OnePlus 7T will be fully charged in about an hour.
All in all, that’s a lot of upgrades for this phone, even if the phone isn’t moving into an entirely new generation yet.
How Much Does it Cost?
Here’s where the value of the OnePlus 7T really shines. The OnePlus 7T is going to be priced at $599, which makes it substantially less expensive than other comparable smartphones. If you’re looking for a smartphone but don’t want to pay $800 to $900, this is going to be your best bet. The OnePlus 7T will be available as of October 18 from T-Mobile and OnePlus.com. You can take a look at them at a T-Mobile store near you.